The Romanian National Opera, Cluj-Napoca is one of the national opera and ballet companies of Romania. The Opera shares the same building with the National Theatre in Cluj-Napoca. The first opera performance took place on 25 May 1920 with the Romanian version Giuseppe Verdi's Aida.
The opera house was built between 1904 and 1906 by the famous Austrian architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer who designed several theatres and palaces across Europe in the late 19th century and early 20th century, including the theatres in Chernivtsi!
Thanks to our caring teachers and staff of the Opera Theater for organizing excursions for the students of the Hub.